Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Poetry: Your Number One Fan

Emotional poem.

**************************************

Your Number One Fan


I was there waiting
For the show to start
Just as many people waiting there
Hoping to see you come out from the backstage.

And then the moment has come
You came out to the limelight
Those in the front row
Got the best view of you.

I envy them, as they can see you well
I am just here in a corner
Eating my heart out
But seeing you then is more than just enough.

Then all of a sudden
I was starstrucked
Can not believe that you are right there
Talking to me, looking at me.

Days passed by and we became friends
I no longer feel starstrucked
As I begin to know the real you
And you start to open yourself to me.

People then started asking you
About the person who has been always with you
That time we started thinking
As to who we are to each other.

At this time you are no longer
Just a movie star staying in my dreams
Now I can touch you and I can feel you
Seems like this can not be so true.

My dream of seeing my favorite star
Surpassed reality as you are now here with me
Holding me like as you say "I'll never
Never let you away from me."

As we share this wonderful feeling
Our lives flourished as well
I got the strength to stand stiff
And you shone more brilliant as before.

Then the director called upon you
You should never let this chance pass
He booked you in many engagements
And made you appear in a big opus.

Then I slowly feel you moving away from me
Noticing it you assured me that you will never be gone
I uphold to your promise day after day
As I see you mingling with people of all walks of life.

You seemed to be so absorbed
You can not say no to every opportunity
Until I found myself alone
Here in our secret rendezvous.

Now I envy those nameless fans
Who get to meet you every now and then
Unlike me who has been eternally waiting
For you to be back in my arms.

But as time goes by, I realized
I won't envy them as I had been and always be,
Until the day that you reach your dream of fame,
Your number one fan.

**************************************

February 1, 2005
Yamagata City, Japan

No comments: